It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Garlic/pepper Spray
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:59 am 

I was watching channel 5 San Antonio, today, and it was on the dirt doctor tips for vegetables and flowers and he was making this spray, but I didn't get the amounts down, so could someone please give it to me.
Our tomatoes are in need of some help, the bushes seem to die before
we can harvest the crop.
Liz
San Antonio

Post subject: garlic sprays
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:31 am 

Liz-
Best thing would be to go to the home page, click on the information link on the left side of the page, go to the 'G' section & you can print out all the sprays-garlic & Garrett! They work soooo well on so many pests, I've had spider mites destroy plants so quicky in the past & now they don't come around anymore.
Plano Patty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:33 am 

You can also use a aerobic compost tea. Use it as a soil drencher as well as a foliage feeder. a good reciepe is in a 5 gal. bucket combine water about two and a half gallions, a shovel full of good compost, about four tablespoons of molasses, two cups of cornmeal (yes the kind that you make cornbread with) some fish emulsion and liqued seaweed just two tablespoons, and then add a air hose like you would have in a fish tank. when you get a yeasty or earthy smell the brew is ready. I put mine on with a watering can and just poor it right onto the leaves and that goes into the soil.
this tea gives you living bio organisms into your soil that help the roots uptake the extra utrients to ward off a good many pest and diseases
If you want more information about this tea go to www.gardenweb.com and pull up a articular called WHAT ARE THE BENIFITS OF AERATED COMPOST TEAS vs. CLASSIC TEAS.

good luck