It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Organic hay
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:48 pm 

My hay man has non certified organic hay. I did the fertilizer for him and it has been great. The cows and horses love it will not eat anything else if given a choice. They are both gaining weight with this hay. They look good with out supplements, but they are getting 92 trace minerals, amino acids, enzymes, and vitamins. It is probably to far for you to drive. We are 68 miles north of Dallas.
Robert D Bard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:23 am 

Hm. It sounds great, but yes- it's a bit too far. :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:43 pm 

Sandyacres, I know a few natural horse care people down in that area and have sent messages asking about their sources. If they're not too far away, I'll share the info when I get it. Cross your fingers! :D
Kathe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:55 pm 

Thanks! I also got a reply from another poster who makes their own hay. If they have surplus next year beyond of what they need for tehir own horses, I might be able to buy some from her.
But in case her crop isn't big enough to share it might be good to have a back up plan...

Post subject: Re: Organic Hay
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:20 pm 

This is a much later posting here in 2012 but I grow organic (non certified) hay in the Taylor, Texas area an hour from Austin. This year, right now, I have some 5 foot round bales of cow hay (first cutting, meaning with Spring weeds, coastal bermuda) for $60 that some people are happily feeding to their horses. I hope, with this rain, that we will be able to satisfy OUR horse's needs with nice coastal square bales and have some extra to sell later. I use fish emulsion, seaweed, corn gluten, molasses and sometimes garlic all depending on the season. I have an acquaintance south of Bastrop who is selling what she says is "organic" hay but I can not vouch for quality. Might be better than what I'm selling - might not be. Neither one of us can deliver.

Post subject: Re: Organic Hay
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:33 am 

Just joined and saw your posting for organic hay either in Taylor or Bastrop. Please let me know how to contact either yourself or the lady in Bastrop. Very much appreciated! I have spoiled goats and they only want to eat organic hay.

Sarah Greenfield
Omega Ridge
338 Pope Bend North
Cedar Creek, Texas 78612
512 771-6993