It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Goats to a good home
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:31 pm 

We have a couple of registered Dwarf Nigerian male goats that have been castrated. They are pure white, about 4 months old, dehorned and cute as a button. I would like to find a good home for them. My requirements are, they not be eaten, they are herd animals so companionship is critical, they are just like pets and like to interact with people but frequent human contact is not critical, you have a fenced area to avoid predation by coyotes until they get older, they get adequate pasture and water.
If you need more info, PM me with your phone number and we can talk live.
Tony M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:02 am 

Wish I could take the little guys. I met the boys almost two months ago and man were they cute! Perhaps in a year or so I'll be looking, not sure though. I've got to determine the landscaping I'll do on my property before making that decision. Restoring the land to native condition with native grasses etc, may not work with goats.

Good luck finding a home for the boys! Here they are with Momma and their trusty guard dog.

Post subject: They're gone
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:22 am 

Stewart,
It was good seeing you and meeting your wife and kids at the Green Living fair in Fredericksburg.
If other forum members are interested I would highly recommend it. Fredericksburg is not a bad place to visit for any reason but this is a good one. The website is: WWW.theroundup.org.
The goats are gone. A couple with a little girl who wants to take care of some small animals came and picked them up.
Tony M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:12 pm 

Tony M,

I salute you! Thank you for your generous offer to the community. Congratulations to the recipients of this wonderful gift.