It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: unknown mushroom
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:18 am 

I have a Fan Tex Ash tree in my front yard and have noticed a strange looking brown mushroom with a yellowish color on the underside growing by the tree roots. This is the first year they have appeared. I have also had problems with aphids early in the year and sprayed the tree. I have noticed other Fan Tex trees in the neighborhood that look like they are dying. I have done some research and I think the trees have Anthracnose. I have used the sick tree remedy, but not sure how often this should be done or if there is anything else I can use. Please help my tree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:08 pm 

John-
I don't think the mushroom is associated with the tree unless it it growing on the tree/roots. Follow the mushroom back to where it is growing. Often, they grow in decomposing mulch. If it's been six months since you did the STT, do it again. Check the moisture around the tree to see if it is geting enough. A sprinkler system alone is not adequate, you need to water deeply with the hose trickling water for hours. Hit the tree hard with a foliar spray like Garrett juice, including the bark.
Tony M