It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:12 am 

Yeaccchh! Great example, though, of why aerial spraying doesn't work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:39 pm 

"They" whoever they are, said the aerial spraying is a 2 part, the 1st spray is a stimulant to bring out the mosquitoes then the 2nd pass is "supposed" to knock them out after they have been stimulated to come out of hiding. RIGHT! SURE! Ah Ha! REALLY!? and I have some ocean front property in New Mexico. "They" think we are REALLY Stupid! NOT!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:32 pm 

We live in Flower Mound which is being sprayed this weekend. How much activated charcoal do we need for our yard, and does anyone know where to buy it besides online? I've called numerous places, organic and non-organic and no one seems to know what I'm talking about.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:28 am 

knotquiteawake wrote:
Here is the house next door after two days in a row of aerial spraying... As you can see the mosquitoes are just loving it. I sent this picture to Howard too so you might see it elsewhere. The whole front porch was COVERED like this in mosquitoes! Big FAT waste of money they aerial spraying was out here!

I ended up calling the city and the Realtor who is managing the foreclosed house. Somebody lit a fire under whoever had the decision making power and they had a crew out spraying, dumping water out, and now also clearing all the brush outta the backyard. Thank God! That house was probably the primary source of mosquitoes for blocks and block!

Yikes! Those are mosquitoes? (Difficult to tell from the image posted, but I do believe you)!
...and after aerial spraying. Imagine that. :roll:

Keeping gutters clean is a very important yet often neglected issue. I don't know what they were spraying for the mosquitoes... That could be another problem. After cleaning the gutters, good application of mosquito granules and or the "mosquito dunks" (both made with Bti) would be in order. This is true for any standing water (or the potential thereof)!

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach