It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Large Bee like Insects
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:34 pm 

I have a large amount of, I will call bumble bees althought it is tough to see if they have yellow bottoms. They have not stung anyone but started two years ago in some front of the house bushes spreading to the other side of the house and now the back. They seem to be in pairs and fly right at you as if to scare you away. Again, no one has been stung but since I am highly allregic I need to be careful. Would a beekeeper come and take them away or is there away to chase them? Basically they have surrounded the house!! Thanks! Paul

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:50 pm 

Wow. Is there any way you can get photos? If one is killed with a flyswatter by someone who isn't allergic, then get a photo?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:06 pm 

No Pictures yet but there are Carpenter Bees. I called a local BeeKeeper and described them. She said that they are benefical but in the amount I have they are not. I am thinking of using my leaf vacum and seeing if I can suck them up...yeah, it would kill them but you'd have to see this to believe it now. People won't walk on the side walk in front of my house anymore they are so afraid of the bees. No one has been stung and I undertand they rarely do sting people. Still they fly right in your face and it gets unnerving to say the least. anyone have any ideas? Thanks! Paul