It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:21 am 

Hey I'm trying to control mosquitos. I have some low spots with water pooling from all the rain this weekend. I want to get some BTI in them immediately.

Also, I was wondering is there a liquid BTI that I can spray flower beds with to control them in the beds and moist spots around the house?

Where can I buy this locally in Fort Worth?

Thanks a lot for the help. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:03 am 

I buy the dunks at Marshall Grain on Lancaster. They have a big card of them (not the 6 or 8 per card like they sell at Home Depot - this has 24 or 30 per package). Last week Howard said on the program that they're still trying to find a way to get a consumer-sized bottle of the liquid Bti. I don't know if you'll find that anywhere. You can use the Summit mosquito granules, but the mosquito dunks have a higher percentage of the Bti in them so I'd crumble those and sprinkle that around instead.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:36 am 

Thanks a lot NW'r.
I was having a hard time finding liquid BTI.

I did come across a barrier that has garlic in it. It repels but it also kills the larvae and adults when they come in contact. I'm about to go look through the library and see if there is some info in there.

For immediate action I'll pick some dunks up at Lowe's or somewhere to put in the puddles I have right now. These showed up with all the rain on Sunday morning and are still there. So an eggs laid will be coming to maturity soon.