It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New member in Dallas
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:58 am 

Howdy! I'm new to gardening since I just bought a house last year in Oak Cliff - but I hope to have the benefit of learning from the folks on this forum! I'm sure I'll have lots of questions so get ready!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:20 pm 

Welcome to the organic forum. We are ready for your questions so fire away. Someone will have an answer to your questions.

Post subject: Re: New member in Dallas
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 4:14 pm 

Christy,

Welcome to the board and hope you enjoy your new 'diggs' so to speak.

Greg has it right, just pick a forum you need help in and somebody will be along to put their two cents in for you.

What ever you do, make sure you come back and let us know how things turned out for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 8:09 pm 

Christy-
Welcome. Given that our mission is to "convert the world to organics", I have to thank you for joining us and asking questions. Without people like you, we could never accomplish our goal.
Let us know what area you want to concentrate on and someone will help you get started. Remember the joke, "how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." That's the best way to begin learning about organics.
I have just one request of you, if you think you need to use a chemical for any reason, pm me and I will respond ASAP.
Tony M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 3:23 pm 

christypham, I am new to this forum but have been gardening quite some time. Organicly since I have been putting in my own garden(about 3 to 4 years) I have been reading info on this forum for a month or so and all I can say is there is some very good info. I hope you stick with organics it really is the only way to fly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:12 pm 

I second neoBear, Organics is the only way to fly. Is is so much better for us and our environment. And as Tony says, Our mission is convert the world to organics. I would have to say that all of us are doing an excellent job in converting the non believers. It seems like every day when I read the posts there are new people posting that are either new to organics or have listened to Howard for quite a while and are ready to convert. To everyone posting and reading the posts, keep up the good work and just maybe we can make our mission statement come true that we have converted the world to organics. I would love to see the day, in the not to distant future, that all the chemical companies have converted from making nasty chemicals to making organics. It will be so much better for all of us.
Now i surrender my soap box until next time, or turn it over to the next person.