It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:04 pm 

I have inherited a home (sadly, from my father's passing) in Tulsa. Does anyone know of a source of organic products there, or do I need to load up my bags of molasses and corn gluten meal from here and tote them north? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jim In Dallas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:28 am 

I am sorry to hear about the passing of your father.

I do not know of any place in Tulsa to get organic products, but I would think you could get a feed store to order some horticultural cornmeal or molasses at the very least.

We in the Dallas area are blessed with a plethora of organic retailers. Austin area and San Antonio as well. I believe the influences Howard Garrett, John Dromgoole, Malcolm Beck and Bob Webster have had on people are a big reason for this! If any of the aforementioned people are reading this post, thank you thank you thank you!

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:18 am 

I totally agree with Nadine. If it wasn't for the people she mentioned, our area would not be what it is today. I want to go one further in thanking each and everyone of you that post here as well. There is such a wealth of information from each persons questions, answers and just experiences. I know for one that I have learned so much from this great forum. I must once again thank everyone that has anything to do with organics. THANK YOU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:15 pm 

Thank you, Nadine. Well, glad I brought my Garrett Juice, CGM, and molasses with me. Went to quite a few garden centers up there, and nada. Closest thing I could find was Alaska Fish Fertilizer at Home Depot. Did speak with the manager about stocking some organics (trying to plant the seed). He seemed genuinely interested and said he would look into it. We are truly fortunate that we have it so good organically here in Texas.
Jim In Dallas