It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:21 pm 

Sounds great to me! How about sometime in October when the weather starts to cool somewhat. That would allow planning time, too.

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

Post subject: Plant & Seed Exchange
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:07 am 

And it would give me time to get the Dalis grass cut down! With all this rain it is a mile high!

Ya'll let me know - we can put it together for this fall, yes. It would be cooler by then and that is the best time to plant things and divide anyway.

214-348-EDEN (3336)
Your Paradise Found

Post subject: Didn't know "better"
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:04 pm 

I literally learned organic gardening at my grandmother's knee, she never used any poison. She taught me how to care for the land, and once I learned that I could grow whatever I wanted. She only grew flowers and fruit, left the vegetables when she left the farm was her response to all my vege questions. She actively gardened until her mid 80's and I hope to also.
I officially started gardening organically about 10 years ago after using Sevin for an infestation of something long forgotten. It gave me a three day migraine, still clear in my memory. I just feed the land, plant extra for the bugs and birds and we are fine.
I am learning the temperment of our land, we have 7 acres just outside of Wichita Falls, that has only had grazing on in the last few years. Last week we were going to do more measuring on it, but the grasses are so thick and high it proved impossible. It gladdens my heart to see the land is mostly happy and healthy, and the few spots that aren't we'll work on.
Mostly have to relearn gardening in a humid climate (left Albuquerque to come to TX.).

Julie

More questions than answers