It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:01 pm 

I got this of the net.

Some believe this is okay; others believe it is detrimental. Check out the link below, or do a google search, to form your own opinion & act accordingly as to how it might affect you.

This is a comment from a gardening blog...in the detrimental camp.

This bill is sitting in committee and I am not sure when it is going to hit the floor. One thing I do know is that very few of the Representatives have read it. As usual they will vote on this based on what someone else is saying. Urge your members to read the legislation and ask for opposition to this devastating legislation. Devastating for everyday folks but great for factory farming ops like Monsanto, ADM, Sodexo and Tyson to name a few.

I have no doubt that this legislation was heavily influenced by lobbyists from huge food producers. This legislation is so broad based that technically someone with a little backyard garden could get fined and have their property siezed. It will effect anyone who produces food even if they do not sell but only consume it. It will literally put all independent farmers and food producers out of business due to the huge amounts of money it will take to conform to factory farming methods. If people choose to farm without industry standards such as chemical pesticides and fertilizers they will be subject to a variety of harassment from this completely new agency that has never before existed. That’s right, a whole new government agency is being created just to police food, for our own protection of course.

HR 875 http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c ... 9bb:e11439: