It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:29 pm 

I know these are not the best of trees but my Uncle planted one of these about five years ago. The first year it did really well and bloomed these wonderful flowers in the spring time. However, for the past four years he has had no flowers show up. He does get leaves in the spring and summer but no flowers. Does anyone possibly know what could cause this problem for him?

Thanks
Christina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:29 am 

The best question to ask yourself when the expected behaviour of a tree changes is what has changed in the enviroment/treatment.

What has been used to feed the soil, what sort of watering has the place received, etc.

What other, if any, changes have you noticed besides the blooming?

It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields we know so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:09 am 

To be quite honest I cannot think of anything that has changed for this poor tree. My honest thought is that the first year it bloomed because it was still somewhat healthy from where it came from. See, they use a company like ChemLawn that comes out and sprays all the time for weeds and fertilzers and stuff like that. That is what I think is hurting this tree but I do not know how to explain to my uncle. Would applying the sick tree treatment actually help this tree? I would very much like to get him converted over to organics but I am having trouble convincing him of how much easier it is as we have only been organic now for about six months. Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:56 am 

All I had to see was Chemlawn...

The 'weed killers' that are supposedly safe for other vegetation are making trees sick left and right, especially after successive years of use.

If this were my property (after demanding reparations for wrongfully hitting my yard with chems...) I'd detox it with Norit or Zeolite and some dry horticultural molasses. Then hit the tree with the sick tree treatment.

It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields we know so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.