It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: What is D.E. ?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:04 pm 

What is DE ? I found this forum in a search for a cure to my Kittens ringworm, and I have seen DE mentioned a number of times. I was using Clotrimazole that my vet prescribed,but have discontinued it, and am now using cornmeal dissolved in water. It's early days yet, but I hope for the best.
Would DE help in trying to eradicate the Ringworm? and, is it something that should be part of their ongoing dietary regime. In addition where would I buy it.

Quastions, Questions, Questions.

Many thanks for any answers

Wiggirl :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:24 pm 

DE is diatomaceous earth. It's basically ground up skeletons of tiny sea creatures, diatoms. It helps control parasites, especially internal parasites. I don't know if it would help against ringworm, but it is an excellent thing to include in daily regimen. You must use FOOD GRADE DE. The swimming-pool DE includes chlorine and other chemicals that are very harmful.

I get a DE/herb mix called NOMS from Advanced Biological Concepts - http://www.a-b-c-plus.com/. You can also find just plain DE at most organic gardening stores. Just be sure it is food-grade!

Judith