It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:34 pm 

There's a local store that sells Enviromate products, and I'm wondering what they are? They have various products (ie Biogrow, liquid humate, liquid fulvate (I think that's what it's called), agricultural molasses, DE, and a few other items). Are these considered "organic" gardening products? I'm just wondering because their labels don't give you much info. Does anyone here use them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:53 pm 

I went to:
http://users.htcomp.net/rwchapman/enviropro001.html
and found:
Enviro-Blend 27 (27-0-0 with humate)
which is disturbing to me. I did not think that anything in the organic arena would have a number higher than 11 or 13 maximum.
If the lable states the product contains inert ingredients and does not list them, I would not use it.

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

Post subject: Enviromate Products
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:18 pm 

I am familiar with and have used several of these products. Bio-Gro is fine, as are most of the other products. The high nitrogen, I would agree, is probably a bit much but check to see if it is buffered by humates and if the need ever arises (which it should not where you live) you have a quick and non-burning nitrogen source. It's probably urea but I don't know for sure so don't take that as gospel. The fellow who makes these products has a long background in chemistry and agriculture so don't fret too much. The labels probably don't have much more than the bare directions as registering products as organic is mighty expensive and honestly, not that many producers can afford to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:17 am 

Thanks for the replies. I haven't been able to find much info doing a google search on the products, but I noticed that some of the info at the store that carries the product line says the humate and biogro are good sources of minerals and make soil nutrients more available to the plants. I wasn't interested in granular fertilizers with the high N, but was looking at some of the liquid products to use as a foliar spray. I guess I could just call the company and see if they will send me some info.